Game Update 28 is ready for testing on the PC Test Server! All PC players with a Legendary Membership are invited.
Please note the following:
- No characters will be copied to the PC Test Server.
- After character creation, all characters will begin at level 30, and nothing you’ve purchased on your Live account will transfer over to Test.
- There are special Test vendors in the Watchtower and Hall of Doom to help you gear up properly.
- The PC Test server will restart every morning at 4 AM Pacific
- Please make sure to post your feedback and any bugs you find in the forum below!
Tier 5 Ring Sockets Added!
Colored sockets have been added to all rings Tier 5 and above . This should include any ring greater than Item Level 80. DPS rings will receive Red sockets with Precision as a bonus, Tank rings will receive Blue sockets with Dominance as a bonus, Healer rings will receive Yellow sockets with Restoration as a bonus, and Controller rings will receive Yellow sockets with Vitalization as a bonus.
2v2 Legends Lair Battles
Team up with an ally as your favorite Legends characters to assault or defend a Lair in a 2v2 sudden death battle! Teams of 2 will go head to head in 5 fast paced rounds of Legends PvP action inside a players Base. Look for this new addition to the Legends lineup in the On Duty menu.
Many improvements have been made to both the soft and hard targeting systems! Players will notice a more fluid soft targeting system that now takes range of targets into consideration, and a hard targeting system that now functions more accurately. The targeting system will also now react better with certain types of abilities, such as channeled and free fire abilities.
Combat Vulnerability Tuning and Improvements
Players will now notice persistent icons for the three weapon vulnerability states; Vulnerable to Block, Vulnerable to Interrupt, and Vulnerable to Block Breaker. These three weapon vulnerability states are now messaged with the same familiar icons that appear when those attacks apply a counter. These will appear as faint blue icons over the players head for the duration of the vulnerability window. In addition to these icons, we have made slight adjustments to weapon attack vulnerability windows. See below for more detailed information on these changes.
Movement Tree Ability Improvements
Each Movement skill tree has had additional functionality given to three of their movement powers! This added functionality allows players access to PvP role counters, regardless of what role they are currently in. In addition to this added functionality, the Movement skill trees have been adjusted so that all Movement types will be granted all movement related abilities for a 1 point investment. See below for a detailed breakdown of the added functionality and skill tree changes.
Speed Force Rift Move
All of the Speed Force rifts throughout Gotham City and Metropolis have been sealed and all current rift activity has been contained to Central City. Players can still help seal these rifts and bring order back to Central City by entering the Lightning Strikes Central City teleporter, located in the Hall of Doom and Watchtower.
Players now have the option to initiate a vote to remove themselves from an instance. This feature has a few situational restrictions. See the notes below for a detailed breakdown of the restrictions of this feature.
Now on PC Test ONLY!
We are enabling this feature now on PC Test to receive additional testing time and feedback before releasing to the Live Community.
Linkdeath is a feature that allows players a small grace period to log back into the game when they are incorrectly disconnected. This will give players a chance to return to their group and get back in the action more quickly. Once your character is Linkdead, you must log in to that character before you are allowed to switch to another character.
A few known issues with the Linkdeath feature that we are working to resolve:
- If you go Linkdead when a PVP match ends – when you come back you will have to wait until the zone timer runs out
- The HUD portion of the PVP scorecard will be missing if you return to a PVP match after being Linkdead
- Switching to another character before logging back in to a Linkdead character can cause your client to close
- Going Linkdead a second time while loading back in from being Linkdead can cause the client to hang
- NPC Combat
- NPCs using One Handed Focused Blast attack will no longer miss when they are blocked by allies.
- NPC Tornado Kicks that are vulnerable to block now be able to be blocked reliably
- Counter Mechanics
- The damage prevention effect of “Counter Immunity” is now capped at 20% of your maximum Health.
- OMAC Nanite Circuitry: Removed the defense debuff while in Tank role. All other stat bonuses are now equal no matter what role a character is in when activated
- Kryptonian eye beams and breath attacks will no longer continue if your target is KO’ed
- Steel’s Hammerang attack’s cooldown is now 18 seconds
- Batwoman has agreed to no longer use an irresistible encasement in the Home Turf instance of Arkham Asylum
- The Villain version of the 8th Precinct Raven’s Destiny mission now has improved cutscenes
- Wayward Souls
- Solomon Grundy will no longer use an irresistible encasement
- Shadowlands 1v1
- Capture node size has been slightly reduced to allow for more tactical fighting
- Nexus of Reality
- Treasure from the Final Iconic Boss Fight now drops as soon as the Final Iconic Boss Fight is defeated
- Block – Corrected an issue where quickly blocking after performing a block breaking attack would leave you in an interruptible state for the entire duration of your block
- Due to significant changes to all Movement skill trees, skill points have been refunded and skill points must be re-spent
- The Grapple Line and Glide Line movement abilities are now automatically granted when you purchase Rocket Assisted Glide.The skill point boxes for these abilities have been removed from the tree.
- Forward Flip Attack now also removes Controller type shielding effects from one target regardless of role. When the target is in Controller Role their Vitalization is reduced hampering their ability to restore power to allies and themselves
- Throwing Knives now also removes Tank type defensive effects from one target regardless of role
- Zip Tie Attack now also removes Healing type shielding effects from one target regardless of role. When the target is in Healing Role their ability to heal is reduced
- Whirlwind Attack now also removes Controller type shielding effects from one target regardless of role. When the target is in Controller Role their Vitalization is reduced hampering their ability to restore power to allies and themselves
- Swoop Attack now also removes Tank type defensive effects from one target regardless of role
- Downdraft now also removes Healing type shielding effects from one target regardless of role. When the target is in Healing Role their ability to heal is reduced
- The Inertial Flywheel movement ability is now automatically granted when you purchase Speed Force and this box has been removed from the tree.
- Vortex Trap now also removes Controller type shielding effects from one target regardless of role. When the target is in Controller Role their Vitalization is reduced hampering their ability to restore power to allies and themselves
- Cyclone Push now also removes Tank type defensive effects from one target regardless of role
- Tornado Pull now also removes Healing type shielding effects from one target regardless of role. When the target is in Healing Role their ability to heal is reduced
- The menu item to begin a vote to disband an instance has been moved from the Actions Menu to the Social menu under the Group heading.
- Channeled weapon attacks can now be held for their full duration, even if the target is knocked out
- Brawling – Jump canceling Stomp Smash before it fully completes will also reduce the window of interrupt vulnerability to 0.85 seconds
- Shield – Jump canceling Sidearm Throw before the attack fully completes will also reduce the window of interrupt vulnerability to 0.85 seconds
- Two Handed – Jump canceling Hammer Throw before the first attack hits will also reduce the window of interrupt vulnerability to 0.85 seconds.
- The Excuse Player option cannot be initiated in the following situations:
- The group is already in the process of voting
- It is a PvP map
- There are less than 3 people currently in the instance
- Within 5 minutes of any other vote
- There is pending group loot
- You are in combat