UPDATE: January 16. 2011.
DCUO Servers are down and that has nothing to do with the news item bellow. Please visit “All DCUO servers down – cause unknown (January 16. 2011.)” for info on today’s outage.
We’ve noticed that many players are having problems connecting to the Login Servers, so we have decided to collect all information that might be helpful in this matter. This information was posted by devs: MattMeyer and TSR-JamisonW. These instructions will help you if you are having problems connecting and patching in the LaunchPad.
Basically, the issue most of you are describing means that something is blocking the launcher’s connection. I’m doubting it’s the router, but you can find that out quickly enough by taking the router out of the equation by plugging the modem straight into the router.
The most likely cause is a firewall on the machine is blocking it. Try disabling all firewall/AV/anti-adware/whatever you have and see how it acts.
If you are getting stuck at the startup screen (with the SOE logo), the application is not able to initialize the user interface. Once it is up an running, it will continue past this point and give you the UI.
Reasons why you can’t load the UI:
- You have a network proxy or firewall that is preventing you from loading the UI from http://launch.soe.com/lp3/index.html
- You have security settings set within your Internet Settings that prevent you from using ActiveX controls or scripts (see below).
- It can’t run Flash – This should have run in the install process, but incase it was skipped or did not complete you can run it directly from http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/fla…h_player_ax.exe
You need the following files to run the LaunchPad:
* LaunchPad.exe – the main executable
* LaunchPad.dll – a library that actually has all of the application logic – it is updated when new functionality is available
* LaunchPad.ini – a configuration file that tells the LaunchPad what game/version to load
* LaunchPad.png – a graphics file that is used for framing the application
The game installation will update these files, especially the LaunchPad.ini and LaunchPad.png files as they are very game-dependent.
Then, there is…
* LaunchPad-user.ini – user settings that are NOT changed by a game update
There will also be other files that are be used, but will be downloaded as needed:
* !CheckMinSpec.dll – an additional library that ensures that the customer’s machine can run the game
* LaunchPadRes.dll – an additional library that contains a copy of the Flash control for displaying the UI
The following files will be created (depending on various conditions):
* LaunchPad.log – a log file generated by the application if a loggingLevel is set within LaunchPad-user.ini (see above)
* .downloadError.txt – a local log file that will display any errors that occurred during an update by the LaunchPad.
* .downloadStats.txt – a local log file that summarizes the download-to-launch including some statistics like download size and rate
* .DownloadInfo.txt – a local log for activity performed by the LaunchPad. By default, it doesn’t show much information. You can get more verbosity by setting the system environment variable “SI_LOGLEVEL” to “normal”.
The LaunchPad has an embedded web control – it is NOT Internet Explorer, but it is the standard Windows control provided by Microsoft. It looks, acts, smells, tastes like IE. It respects the standard Windows Internet Settings control panel. If you are having difficulty, make sure that you take a look at this. Even though you may not use IE as your default browser (which is perfectly okay), these settings are what LaunchPad uses. You can access them via the Control Panel <-> Internet Options.
Make sure that you don’t have any network proxies that you aren’t sure about.
Also, check your Security Settings:
The LaunchPad connects to the following URLs for its information:
LaunchPad UI: http://launch.soe.com/lp3/index.html
LaunchPad Configuration: http://lpconfig.station.sony.com/ap…ive&server=live
LaunchPad Login: https://lpad.station.sony.com/Launc…padAPI/Login_v2
You should be able to see a response from each of these URLs if the LaunchPad is to be able to operate.
LaunchPad.ini file should look like this
appName=DC Universe Online
Also, if you have a LaunchPad-user.ini file, if it contains a game= line it should be game=dcuo-live.us or game=dcuo-live.eu